- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 700g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 40g butter, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup Massel beef style stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche (see note)
- Cooked fettuccine, to serve
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Step 1 Place flour and beef in a snap-lock bag. Season with salt and pepper. Shake to coat.
- Step 2 Place half the butter and 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan. Cook over high heat until bubbling. Add half the beef. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining butter, 2 teaspoons oil and beef.
- Step 3 Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine, stock, tomato paste, mustard and beef to pan. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.